Establish a balanced nutrition plan with your family
- Keep sweets and chips for special times, not as every day foods.
- At meals, make half your plate fruits and vegetables. Make the other half healthy proteins and whole grains.
To print tips on healthy eating, click here:
A balanced nutrition plan includes:
- Mostly fruits and vegetables: Fresh, frozen or canned!
- Whole grains: Oats, whole wheat bread and pasta, brown rice.
- Healthy proteins: Beans, nuts, eggs, fish, chicken, turkey, hummus.
- Small amounts of healthy oils: Canola, olive, corn.
- Small amounts of dairy: Plain milk, yogurt, cheese.
Limiting fast food is good for the whole family
If you eat fast food once a week or more, think how you can cut back to less than once a week.
Take time to enjoy meals together
At least a few times a week, sit together and eat with all screens turned off.
Watch videos on healthy eating
What can I do to create a healthy home?
How can I practice good eating habits?